We are a non-denominational Christian ministry whose purpose is to bring clear, Christ-centered Bible teaching to the marketplace. We believe the Bible is God's word, and that it is the only reliable source for truth. Since the spring of 1993, DBC has met each Wednesday in downtown Portland, Oregon. Each week, hundreds of Portland businesspeople and students meet in the Sunken Ballroom of the Portland Art Museum to spend time in God's word that is taught by Scott Gilchrist.
Downtown Bible Class meets every Wednesday in the Sunken Ballroom of the Mark Building located at the corner of SW Park & Main from 12:15pm to 12:45pm. It's a perfect place to bring a colleague or client for 30 minutes of outstanding Bible teaching and a complimentary lunch buffet. Attendance ranges from 150 to 250 most weeks, with many more at special events. We'd be honored to have you as our guest! Come in and join us for lunch! We hope to see you there.
What Is Downtown Bible Class?
- A spiritually refreshing 30-minutes of Bible teaching (non-denominational)
- An encouraging break in your work week
- An opportunity to meet other Christians in the downtown business community
- An informal atmosphere, easy to bring friends or co-workers
- A complimentary lunch buffet each week
- An opportunity to grow deeper in your understanding of God’s Word
- Practical, clear insight on real life issues
About Pastor Scott Gilchrist
Scott Gilchrist has been Senior Pastor at Southwest Bible Church in a suburb of Portland, Oregon since 1979. He is a frequent speaker at conferences and has a passion to see God’s Word taught and understood. He is heard daily on the radio broadcast “Downtown Bible Class” and teaches the Bible to the business community in downtown Portland each week at the Portland Art Museum. He was awarded an honorary Doctorate by Western Seminary in 2007. He and his wife Kristi were married in 1974 and have five grown children and a growing number of grandchildren.